Thursday, November 24, 2011

What other skills do you need to aquire? And what steps will you take in obtaining these skills?

Due to the experience within graphic design already, I have learnt a lot of the skills that will be required of me. However, as I have only been in one type of graphic design, I feel that there is a lot more that I could learn but am unsure of where and what it is that I need to learn. Upon my initial thoughts I think I have more within Adobe Illustrator to learn, more about creating logos, and I've always wanted to learn how to digital paint with my tablet, but just never had enough spare time since purchasing it to do so.

So how will I obtain these skills?;
  • Adobe Illustrator - Use the sessions with Andy Way to gain a better understanding so that I can then research anything I then which to learn afterwards and know what I need to look for.
  • Digital painting - Do some research into tutorials and how it's done, and find some time to practise some digital paintings.
  • Creating logos - I have an upcoming oppertunity from a friend who I created a logo for a family member of their's business. They will be creating websites and I have been asked to create graphics and the logos for them, should the business work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment